Who Wants a BIG “Apricot Power” Cookie?


I just found out today that I won the Grand Prize in the Apricot Power Blogger Contest with my

Deep Dish Hummingbird Cookie Skillet! Yeah!

I  know, I know, it was a long time ago (May or June) but well worth the wait. They had a lot of recipes to try and it just took a little longer than they thought. All I know is that it was well worth the wait and I am thrilled!

I thought since they were nice enough to choose my recipe, I should share it again so you could      
give it a try.

The recipe is simply a BIG cookie that is baked in a cast iron skillet and then cut into pieces, which is great so you can have a huge piece and it only counts as one cookie. I love creative math like that. The recipe contains dates and coconut and bananas so it’s even a healthy cookie. I know that sounds like an oxymoron but in this case it works.

Thanks again to Apricot Power and if you’d like to try some of their other delicious products go to  https://www.apricotpower.com/

Here’s my recipe again. I hope you enjoy it!



Deep Dish Hummingbird Cookie Skillet

½ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
4 oz butter, room temperature
1 large egg
3 tablespoons coconut cream
¼ cup mashed ripe banana
1-1.3 oz packet Apricot Power Ground Coconut Almond mix
¼ cup sweetened flaked coconut
¼ cup chopped dates
2 cups wheat flour
1 teaspoon soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips, white, semi-sweet, milk chocolate or combination of your choice

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.Spray a 10 inch cast iron skillet with cooking spray.

In a large bowl, beat sugars and butter until light and fluffy. Add egg, coconut cream and banana.

In a small food processor combine Apricot Power mix, flaked coconut and chopped dates. Process until mixture is somewhat smooth with no large pieces (Should resemble granola sized crumbs)

In another bowl combine flour, soda and salt. Add Apricot Power mixture to flour mixture and stir to combine. Gradually add this mixture to the wet mixture and beat until combined. Stir in chocolate chips of choice.

Spread mixture in prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Cool for 15 minutes and cut into wedges or desired shapes.

These easy to make cookies are a fun and healthy way to snacking everyone will enjoy. The natural sugars from dates and bananas eliminate the need for excessive sugars without feeling deprived. Your family will love the fact that you can have a big cookie or a little cookie and no one has to know, just cut bigger pieces. Enjoy!  


   

Comments

Popular Posts