Now That’s Cheesy!


So, who doesn’t love cheese? Cheddar, Swiss, Monterey Jack, Gruyere, Parmesan and it goes on and on. I like most cheeses and there seems to be a never ending amount of companies that make these cheeses and there are often subtle differences in taste. I love trying new recipes and continue to see recipes for “Frico” which simply means cheese that is melted into crispy little circles of wonderful. The cheese most often used is Parmesan and simply involves melting the cheese on parchment paper and then eating the crispy cheese circles. As simple as they sound, I have to admit, I’ve never made them but my sister did and they were delicious.


Last week I saw a recipe that involved two ingredients, potato chips and cheese. They looked interesting and I decided to try it. I know, I know, I was too lazy to try it when the recipe called for one ingredient but I will try a recipe with two ingredients.


So I used some sharp Cheddar and crushed wavy potato chips. I baked them for 7 minutes on parchment paper until they were browned around the edges.

They turned out great! They were crispy and crunchy and salty and I put some sour cream on them and in about 15 minutes they simply disappeared. Ah, the possibilities! Next time I think I will add bacon and maybe some cilantro or basil but until then here’s my recipe and have fun trying them for the holidays.  




Easy Cheesy Potato Chip Snacks

2 cups potato chips, finely crushed
2 cups shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
2 sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ cup sour cream
¼ cup salsa

Combine chips, cheese, bacon and garlic powder. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and place 2 tablespoons mixture, 2 inches apart on sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 6 to 8 minutes. (Mixture will be golden brown around edges)
Serve with sour cream and salsa.   






    

Comments

Popular Posts