Everything is Spamtastic!


I love this time of year! Finally, the temperature is starting to cool off, the holidays are almost here and it’s time again for the Arizona State Fair! Time to dust off those recipes and get ready for the cooking competitions and our favorite contest “The All-American Spam Championship.” This is the most coveted of all the Fair recipe contests, the one contest everyone in my family tries to win, since winning 1st place means you move on to the National Championship where you could win $3000.00. That’s right...you can win $3000.00 and I know it’s possible because in 2007 I won the National Contest and….$3000.00.


So this year our group consisted of myself, my husband and my sister. A small group compared to many other years when we had 6 or more family members competing. We worked on our entries  and we were confident we had the winning recipe this year! Well...one of us did!

My husband took 1st place with his “Spam Corn Casserole” using Black Pepper Spam.




My sister won 2nd place with her “Spicy Spam and Vegetables” using Jalapeno Spam.




I won 3rd place with my “Date and Spam Bites” using Bacon Spam.


Ah, a very successful night!


Comments

Popular Posts