Clearly, Purely, Deliciously, Simply Sesame!


I love recipe contests,  especially the ones where they give you the opportunity to try their products. I’m always ready to try something new. This time the product was called “Simply Sesame” and it’s a product made by a company called Bonelli Foods. They said they'd send three jars of their product and all I had to do was use it in a new recipe. I like sesame but I had no idea what to expect so I decided to wait until the product arrived before deciding what to make with it. The website says their products are 100% natural, Gluten free, with no trans fat or cholesterol. Check out their website for more information go to Simply Sesame http://www.simplysesame.com/
You can also learn more about them on
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/SimplySesame/
Instagram https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/simplysesame/

Three days later, it arrived and consisted of three 10 oz jars, that looked kind of like peanut butter. I was ready to get started but now the crucial part. What would it taste like?




I decided to try “Simply Sesame” Pure Roasted Sesame first, since it would give me an idea of the overall flavor without any other flavors getting in the way. Oh, my goodness! It is sooo good! It had a really light, almost toasted, sesame flavor. It was really good without being overpowering like peanut butter often is. I had to put my spoon down so I wouldn’t keep eating it.


Next I tried the “Simply Sesame” Vanilla with Almond bits. It was a little sweeter than the Pure Roasted Sesame and you could really taste the vanilla. It was as delicious as the first one but just a little sweeter.


Now onto the “Simply Sesame” Pistachio Morsels and a hint of Cardamon. I love pistachio and you could really taste them in this. There really was just a hint of cardamon. Again, I could have eaten the whole jar but first I’d better figure out a recipe.


So my next big decision was what to do with all this deliciousness? So many ideas and so little time. Then I had an idea of the perfect recipe.


My daughter loves tiramisu and I make it for her every year on her birthday. I finally have a recipe that seems to work every time so I decided to use a recipe, I love,  which I’ve made many times before and modify it using  “Simply Sesame” Vanilla with almond bits in the custard and instead of using brewed coffee I would use Chai tea, which I also happen to love. Ah, time to get started.

So first, I got all my stuff together. Lady fingers, tea, mascarpone, etc.



Then I made the Simply Sesame custard and cooled it.



I assembled it and finished with almonds on top. 



And now the finished product!


Sesame​ ​Chai​ ​Tiramisu
6​ ​egg​ ​yolks
½​ ​cup​ ​sugar
⅔​ ​cup​ ​Bonelli​ ​Simply​ ​Sesame​ ​Vanilla​ ​with​ ​Almond​ ​Bits(or​ ​Bonelli​ ​Simply​ ​Sesame​ ​Pure​ ​Roasted​ ​Sesame)
2/3​ ​cup​ ​half​ ​and​ ​half
8oz​ ​mascarpone​ ​cheese,​ ​room​ ​temperature  
8oz​ ​cream​ ​cheese,​ ​room​ ​temperature
1​ ​cup​ ​heavy​ ​whipping​ ​cream
1​ ​tablespoon​ ​vanilla
2​ ​tablespoons​ ​sugar
7 oz​ ​lady​ ​fingers
1​ ​cup​ ​strong​ ​brewed​ ​Chai​ ​tea,​ ​cooled
2​ ​tablespoons​ ​rum
toasted​ ​almond​ ​pieces
 
1)​ ​Whisk​ ​egg​ ​yolks,​ ​sugar,​ ​Simply​ ​Sesame​ ​and​ ​half​ ​and​ ​half​ ​in​ ​a​ ​medium​ ​saucepan.​ ​Cook​ ​over​ ​medium heat.​ ​Continue​ ​to​ ​whisk​ ​mixture​ ​until​ ​it​ ​begins​ ​to​ ​boil.​ ​Reduce​ ​heat​ ​and​ ​continue​ ​to​ ​boil​ ​for​ ​one​ ​minute.
Remove​ ​from​ ​heat​ ​and​ ​pour​ ​into​ ​glass​ ​bowl.​ ​Cool​ ​at​ ​room​ ​temperature​ ​for​ ​30​ ​minutes​ ​and​ ​then​ ​cover
custard​ ​with​ ​plastic​ ​wrap.​ ​(Place​ ​wrap​ ​directly​ ​on​ ​surface​ ​of​ ​custard​ ​mixture.)​ ​Refrigerate​ ​one​ ​hour. Add mascarpone​ ​and​ ​cream​ ​cheese​ ​to​ ​custard​ ​mixture​ ​and​ ​set​ ​aside.
2)​ ​In​ ​a​ ​chilled​ ​bowl​ ​whip​ ​heavy​ ​cream,​ ​sugar​ ​and​ ​vanilla​ ​until​ ​stiff​ ​peaks​ ​form.
3)​ ​In​ ​a​ ​small​ ​shallow​ ​bowl,​ ​combine​ ​tea​ ​and​ ​rum.​ ​Dip​ ​lady​ ​fingers​ ​in​ ​mixture​ ​and​ ​line​ ​bottom​ ​of​ ​8x8​ ​inch pan.​ ​Top​ ​this​ ​with​ ​½​ ​of​ ​the​ ​Sesame​ ​custard​ ​and​ ​½​ ​of​ ​the​ ​whipped​ ​cream.​ ​Repeat​ ​layer​ ​of​ ​lady​ ​fingers, custard​ ​and​ ​whipped​ ​cream.​ ​Sprinkle​ ​with​ ​almond​ ​pieces​ ​and​ ​refrigerate​ ​for​ ​4-6​ ​hours.

Now You Just Eat It!


           

Comments

  1. Can't wait to try this twist on Tiramisu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks delicious and your recipe sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts