What Happened to January?


So what happened to January? I can't believe it's over! All my New Year’s resolutions have been tucked away for another year, you know the ones I’m talking about, the 20 pounds by March 1st and no eating after dinner. Yeah that was a really silly one to even try. I like to write them down because then I feel more committed to keeping them but this year I wrote them down and promptly lost the notebook they were written in which made it even easier to forget them. 

Anyway, back to my original question, I think maybe I slept through January because it is over and I can't even remember what I did.

I know I’ve been busy trying some of those recipes I cut out of magazines. You know the ones you rip out of the magazine thinking you will try them some day only to lose them forever in some stack of other great recipes you intend to try. Anyway, finally I’ve tried some and thought I would share. Maybe, I’ll even make that a new resolution…..trying some of those recipes I cut out of magazines. And then again….Nevermind!



Easy Thai Chicken Noodle Soup

2 tablespoons olive oil
½ cup finely diced onion
¼ cup finely diced celery
¼ cup finely diced red pepper
2 cloves minced garlic
1 teaspoon ginger paste
½ teaspoon turmeric
½ teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
3 cups chicken broth 
1 cup coconut milk
4-6 ounces oriental noodles, ramen, Udon 
(available in the most grocery store,  produce section) 
1 cup shredded  rotisserie chicken
Salt and pepper to taste

In a dutch oven or large pot, over medium heat, saute onion, celery and red pepper until tender (about 5-6 minutes.) Add garlic and saute a minute longer. Add remaining ingredients and heat until noodles are cooked. Serve hot. Garnish with cilantro. Serves 4-6

Put a new twist on everyone’s favorite, Chicken Noodle Soup. spices of the orient heat up your taste buds on a cold winter night. Easy to make and a fun way to use leftover chicken.   



Comments

Popular Posts