Summertime and Muffins are Easy!


Sometimes I amaze myself, at just how lazy I can be. I have been working on this recipe for 2 weeks. It took 1 day to get the stuff together to make it, 1 day to make it, and a week and a half to think about what I made. I feel like I spend most of my life spinning in place and not really doing anything. I keep blaming it on the heat but I don’t seem to do any better in the winter so maybe it’s just me. But I digress!

For my second entry into the Golden Girl Granola Blogger Contest, I decided to try making a little, tiny, bite-sized savory muffin with some of my favorite stuff like sausage and pineapple and onions and cheese and of course…. Golden Girl Granola!

The good thing about this little muffin is that you can vary the ingredients, use any kind of cheese you like and it’s really easy to make. Since I was using Golden Girl Forest Maple Granola I decided to go with ingredients that paired well with maple and they turned out delicious.

I tried them the first time with apple but I think I like the pineapple better but you can do whatever you want just serve them hot and try to share. My husband ate most of them for lunch. I guess he did share?

If you want to see all the amazing flavors of granola from Golden Girl just go to their website at          



Maple-Sausage and Cheese Dippin’ Muffins

½ cup Golden Girl Forest Maple Granola
¾ cup all purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
1 large egg, lightly beaten
½ cup milk
¼ cup vegetable oil
¼ cup cooked and crumbled maple pork sausage*
2 tablespoons finely diced green onion
2 tablespoons finely diced pineapple
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese

Dijon-Maple Dippin’ Sauce
2 tablespoons honey mustard
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
1 tablespoons crushed pineapple
1 tablespoons maple syrup

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a large 24 count mini muffin pan with cooking spray.

In a food processor, pulse granola until finely ground. (It should resemble graham cracker crumbs and there should be no large pieces)  

In a large bowl combine flour, ground granola, baking powder, garlic powder and salt.

In a small bowl, combine egg, vegetable oil and milk

Slowly add wet mixture to dry mixture and beat until well combined. Add sausage, green onion and pineapple. Beat until just combined. Stir in cheese. Fill muffin pan ¾ full with batter. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned on top and mixture springs back when touched  allow to cool for 1 minute. Gently remove muffins from pan, using a sharp knife around edges, if necessary.    
Makes 18-20 mini muffins

Dijon-Maple Sauce
Combine mustard, pineapple and maple syrup. Stir until combined. Serve with muffins

*Maple sausage is available in most grocery stores but if you can’t find it, regular sausage works just fine or you can add ½ teaspoon maple syrup to the batter.





Comments

Popular Posts