Another Healthy Solution to Dinner



So, just when I was about to give up on finding anything to make for dinner, I remembered I still had some of my Shrimp Scampi seasoning packet from Healthy Solutions. I didn’t have any shrimp but I remember reading all the reviews about how versatile their seasonings are so I was off to create a recipe using my leftover chicken from last night’s dinner.

I had about a cup of rotisserie chicken, some carrots, an onion and a roll of phyllo in my freezer. Sounds like dinner to me. I like using phyllo because it creates a flaky, buttery pastry crust. I’ve used it  before, especially when I make pies or tarts. I decided it would work great in my chicken pockets because I could use the Healthy Solutions Seasoning in the butter as a way to season the crust on my chicken pockets.

The recipe I created was really very simple since I figure the Healthy Solutions Spice Blend would give it that garlic-butter flavor and I also used what I had left from the packet to season the vegetables. Now that’s a Healthy Solution to dinner! Enjoy!

To see my creation and the other Spice Blends available from Healthy Solutions go to

https://www.instagram.com/hssbtestkitchen/



Saucy Little Chicken Pockets

2 tablespoons olive oil
¾ cup sweet onion, diced
½ cup diced carrots
½ cup frozen corn
1 cup chopped cooked chicken
1½ cup chicken broth
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon Healthy Solutions Spice Blend Shrimp Scampi
½ cup half and half  
2 tablespoons flour
2 cups coleslaw mix
1-8oz package phyllo dough, room temperature
½ cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon Healthy Solutions Spice Blend Shrimp Scampi
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups diced zucchini or summer squash
1 teaspoon Healthy Solutions Spice Blends Shrimp Scampi
1 teaspoon lemon juice and zest
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 6-count large muffin tin with cooking spray

In a large skillet, over medium heat, saute onion in olive oil until tender. Add carrots, corn and chicken broth. Simmer until carrots are tender. Add chicken, red pepper and 1 tablespoon Healthy Solutions Spice seasoning . In a small bowl combine flour and half and half. Stir until all lumps are removed. Pour mixture into skillet and stir until mixture starts to thicken. Add coleslaw mix and remove from heat.
In a small bowl combine melted butter and 1 teaspoon Healthy Solutions Spice Blend. Unroll phyllo on a flat surface. Cut phyllo in half.  Remove a single sheet and brush with butter. Top this with another single sheet of phyllo pivoting slightly. Brush with butter and repeat until you have 6 sheets. Gently press phyllo stack into muffin pan. Fill with chicken mixture and and fold overhanging phyllo on top of mixture brushing with butter after each fold. Repeat until you have 4 pockets. Bake at 350 for 30 to 35 minute or until golden brown. Allow to cool for 5 minutes and then gently remove to serving plate.    
Saute squash over medium heat until tender but still crisp, adding 1 teaspoon Healthy Solutions Spice Blend. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and zest. Serve with pockets.

Variations:
#1-Instead of a muffin tin, use 4-4 inch crocks. Serve pockets in crocks with vegetables as a side dish.

#2-Do not cut phyllo. Using a 9 inch pie pan, layer phyllo in pan until you have 7 layers. Place filling inside pan and use remaining phyllo to create a decorative border by rolling 3-4 sheets of phyllo and tucking it around the outside of the pie filling.

#3-Feel free to use another Healthy Solutions Spice Blend to create your own leftover masterpiece.


Comments

Popular Posts