Oodles and Oodles of Sesame Noodles


Well, my jar of Bonelli “Simply Sesame with Almond Bits” is gone. Somehow between making tiramisu and cream puffs and….. a few moments of late night snacking, my jar is simply empty. I don’t know how it happened but it sure was fun. But, I guess it is time to move on.


For my next recipe, I decided to try using “Simply Sesame Pure Roasted Sesame and try making a savory dish.  I love Asian food and I usually order sesame noodles or some kind of teriyaki bowl so I decided to combine two of my favorites and see how Simply Sesame worked with the other Asian flavors like ginger and garlic. I also added a little slaw mix so the noodles would have a little crunch for texture. My experiment began and ended with amazing results. My husband loved the nutty sweet taste and I loved how easy it was to make. It is also good to know the products are all natural, cholesterol free with no additives or preservatives.


So, if you want to try this recipe or create some of your own go to:


You can also find them on Facebook



Sesame Ginger Noodle Stacks


8 oz shrimp, peeled, de-veined
2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
¼ cup orange juice
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon grated ginger
2 tablespoons peanut oil
¼ cup red pepper, diced
¼ cup onion, diced
2 cloves minced garlic
½ cup coconut cream, divided
¼ cup Bonelli “Simply Sesame Pure Roasted Sesame”
¼ cup teriyaki sauce
2 teaspoon ginger paste
1 teaspoon hot pepper flakes (or to taste)
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup coleslaw mix
6oz ramen* noodles or thin spaghetti, cooked according to package directions   
Marinade
In a medium bowl, combine sriracha, orange juice, soy, and grated ginger. Stir to combine and add shrimp. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.


Sauce
In a large skillet over medium heat sauté onion and pepper in peanut oil until tender. Add garlic and cook an additional minute. Reduce heat and add ¼ cup coconut cream, Simply Sesame Pure Roasted Sesame,  teriyaki sauce, ginger, hot pepper flakes and brown sugar. Simmer sauce 2 to 3 minutes adding additional coconut cream as needed. Pour off ¼ cup of sauce and keep warm. Add ramen noodles to remaining sauce.


To serve: In a large skillet over medium heat cook shrimp 2 to 3 minutes on each side until tender. Move shrimp to outer edge of pan and cook coleslaw mix in center just until it is starting to wilt.(1 or 2 minutes) Add wilted slaw mix to ramen mixture. Divide ramen between 4 plates and top with 4 or 5 shrimp. Garnish with reserved sauce and toasted sesame seeds, if desired.Serves 4


*discard sauce packet if using ramen noodles that come with seasoning packet  






Comments

Popular Posts