Let the Games Begin!


After weeks and weeks of play-offs, the big game is finally here and to me that means only one thing. Snacks….. and lots of them. I’ve been doing a whole lot of practicing. I figure, I owe it to the game and to my family. We will all gather at my niece’s house to watch the game and eat and eat and eat. The men will watch the game, speaking only to lament a play gone wrong or celebrate with cheers when our team, the best team, makes a touchdown.

Most of the women are interested in the outcome of the game but for me it’s mostly about being with family and sharing food. I’ve been trying to find a new dip recipe, one that doesn’t involve jalapenos or some kind of Mexican theme. So far I have tried a pepperoni dip recipe which got mixed reviews and a cheeseburger dip that everyone seemed to like but I didn’t get many pictures before everyone started eating it. I figure I’ll share the recipe and you’ll just have to imagine how good it is from the pictures that I did get. I was going to garnish it with lettuce and tomato but I never got around to it. I figure I was really lucky to even get one picture before everyone started eating it! 

Now Imagine it is garnished with lettuce and tomatoes! Yum!


Game Day Cheeseburger Dip

½ pound ground beef
6 strips bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
½ cup onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
½ cup sour cream
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoon ketchup

1. Brown the ground beef over medium heat. Drain grease and set aside.
2. Cook the bacon over medium heat until crispy. Drain pan allowing 1 tablespoon of grease to remain.
3. Add the onion and sauté until tender; add garlic and sauté a minute longer.

4. Combine ground beef, bacon, onions and garlic, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, cheese, Worcestershire sauce and ketchup. Pour mixture into a baking dish. 6. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until hot and the top is golden brown. Garnish with lettuce and chopped tomatoes. Serve with small French bread slices, breadsticks or chips.  

Comments

Popular Posts