Are You Ready for Some Football!


 
You know, I’ve never really understood football. For years, my husband tried to explain it to me but I could never really enjoy it. It simply looked like a bunch of guys in uniforms running around and tackling each other until someone told them to stop. My husband loves to watch it and so I try to find some way to celebrate the sound of the football games that fill our home.

About 15 years ago we started to have football parties. We used to live in the Midwest so we were away from family and many times the weather wouldn’t accommodate a get together. So we started to celebrate very intimate football parties. The parties consisted of me, my husband and Punkin, our toy poodle. She loved parties! We usually had hot wings. (Punkin didn’t really like these but she was tolerant of our sometimes odd taste in food) We would have all kinds of snack foods like artichoke dip and potato skins and anything else we could think of. It was also a time when I got to try new recipes and not cook dinner because the snacks were usually enough.

We now live in Arizona and our parties continue. They have gotten quite a bit bigger and the reasons for having them have gotten even lamer than before. About a month ago, I had a party because my freezer was too full. Ah, I figure any excuse for a party works for me. So, here are some fun little party snacks. Enjoy.




Boise Blueberry and Peach Snacks

15 Athens mini fillo shells
¾ cup honey nut cream cheese
½ cup blueberries
2 peaches, cored, diced and peeled
2 Tablespoon Raspberry Hazelnut Balsamic dressing
 
 

Fill shells half full with cream cheese. In a small bowl, combine peaches and blueberries with balsamic dressing. Top shells with fruit. Serve chilled

These easy little shells will be a hit at your next party. They are versatile and can be made with any kind of dressing.  

          

Comments

Popular Posts