Anytime is Berry Time!


I love this recipe because it works with any kind of berries! 

The first time I tried it, I used blackberries and it turned out great but when I decided to try it again, all I had was blueberries so I used them and it turned out great again. Next came the strawberries and you got it! It turned out good again so I decided maybe, just maybe it was a keeper and I’ve been making it ever since. 

My favorite is still blueberries but I think the fact that it also has ginger is what really keeps me coming back to it. So when I heard about the Golden Girl Granola Recipe Contest, I decided to give it a try using granola and blueberries and see how it worked.

I reduced the flour because I knew the granola would absorb some of the moisture and guess what? It turned out great again! 

I love the cake because it has a crisp outer layer and a moist pudding like center. Maybe that’s why they call it a pudding cake. It’s great to make in a cast iron skillet or an 8x8 pan, whatever works for you.

The Golden Girl Granola probably helps too since it is pretty tasty to just eat out of the bag. They have all kinds of fun flavors like the one I used “Home Sweet Honey” and it’s made with all natural ingredients in small batches so the quality is always good! 

If you’d like to give it a try, you can try it for yourself and see all the flavors at





Blueberry Granola Pudding Cake

/2 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted, plus more for the skillet
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
2 large eggs
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. finely grated fresh ginger
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and cored
1 6-oz. package blueberries
½ Golden Girl Home Sweet Honey Granola
¼ c. pecans, roughly chopped
whipped cream for serving

Heat oven to 350°F. Butter an 8-inch cast-iron skillet. 

1.In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.

2.In another small bowl combine the granola and pecans.

3.In a large bowl, beat the eggs and all but 1 tablespoon sugar until pale and thick. Whisk in the ginger and vanilla, then the flour mixture.

4.Chop half the apple and fold into the batter along with half the blueberries and half the granola-pecan mixture. Transfer to the prepared skillet.

5.Thinly slice the remaining apple and arrange on top of the batter. Brush the apple with the melted butter and sprinkle with the remaining tsp sugar. Top with the remaining blueberries and granola-pecans.


6.Bake until the top is golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes. Serve with whipped cream, if desired.

Blueberries and apples, in an easy to make cake, filled with tart apples and sweet juicy blueberries. A little sugar on top for the perfect finish. 

Sweet, simple and delicious. Ah, blueberry perfection! 




Comments

Popular Posts