Chicken and Artichoke Lasagna Roll-Ups


I Love leftovers but since my kids are grown, some leftovers just go on and on and on…...Like a rotisserie chicken. Where does Costco find chickens so big! Usually a grocery store chicken will have a some leftover chicken but I love the huge chickens at Costco because they are such a deal. I love deals but they will feed whole neighborhoods. 

Anyway, I know, I know, we all have problems! 

I thought I would share a really easy recipe I made using chicken and some other easy stuff I had in my pantry. It was really easy and I will make it again...hopefully not because I bought a huge chicken from Costco but maybe just because it was easy and my husband loved it! It also did a great job of camouflaging another night of chicken!        


          Chicken and Artichoke Lasagna Roll-Ups

8 ounces lasagna noodles, 8-10 noodles
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ cup finely diced onion
2 cloves minced garlic
6 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
2 oz heavy cream or milk
7 oz. artichoke hearts, chopped
1½ cups shredded rotisserie chicken
¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
1-16-20 oz jar alfredo sauce
¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated

Spray an 8x8 oven safe pan with cooking spray.  

Cook noodles according to package directions to Al Denti. Drain, cover and set aside
while you prepare filling.

In a large skillet over medium heat saute onion, in olive oil, until onion is tender, about 5 -6 minutes. Add garlic and saute a minute longer. Reduce heat to low and add cream cheese and milk or cream. Add artichokes, chicken and ½ the mozzarella.  
Place a single lasagna noodle on a flat surface and place about 2-3 tablespoons of filling on one end of noodle. Roll up and place seam side down in prepared pan. Repeat until all noodles and filling have been used.(Filling should be enough to generously fill 8 lasagna noodles)
Pour alfredo sauce over noodles and bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly. Remove from oven and garnish with remaining cheeses. Serve hot. Makes 4 servings 2 roll-up per serving.

These roll ups can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to bake. Bake  an additional 10 minutes and cover if sauce starts to brown.  




Comments

Popular Posts