So Many Recipes, So Little Time!


I decided to try and eat healthy this year but it’s not going very well. We went to Las Vegas last weekend which meant buffets and eating with abandonment. I fully intended to cut down when we returned but it hasn’t happened yet. I will keep trying but I await my diet inspiration so I continue to cook. This week I am trying recipes for my sisters’ birthday which is next weekend. My birthday was last week so we are planning a party together. We decided to have a “Taste and Share” party which is simply an excuse to use all the cute little serving pieces we’ve accumulated. I don’t know what I’ll make yet but we decided we should all make an appetizer, a main dish and a dessert. Sounds like a lot of work even if it is all little tiny servings.

I think I may have found one recipe that I thought I would share. These fun little meatballs were a lot easier than I thought to make and I could make them ahead of time and reheat them this weekend. Plus they are really, really tasty.



Smoky Chicken Meatball Parmigiana

1lb ground chicken

¼ cup panko bread crumbs

¼ cup onion, finely diced

2 cloves garlic, minced

1 egg

1 teaspoon smoked paprika

½ teaspoon red pepper flakes

½ teaspoon salt

½ teaspoon pepper

2 tablespoon basil, finely chopped

¼ cup grated parmesan

¾ cup chicken broth

10 mini mozzarella balls, cut in half

¼ cup olive oil

1-25oz jar Silver Palate San Marzano Marinara

1 cup rigatoni pasta, cooked 

½ cup green peppers, chopped

½ cup onion, chopped

2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella

¼ cup tomatoes, diced


1) Combine chicken, bread crumbs, onion, garlic, egg, smoked paprika, pepper flakes, salt, pepper, basil and parmesan. Lightly spray a sheet of parchment paper with cooking spray. Press chicken mixture onto parchment to form a 9x11 inch rectangle. Place the halved mozzarella balls about 2 inches apart on rectangle. Cut rectangle mixture into 20 equal pieces around cheese. Roll each section of meat around cheese so cheese is not visible and meatballs are sealed. Refrigerate meatballs 20 minutes.


2) Fry meatballs in 2 tablespoon olive oil, over medium heat, turning gently to brown all sides. About 5 to 7 minutes. When meatballs are browned, reduce heat to low and add about ½ of the broth. Cover and simmer meatballs about 10 to 15 minutes, adding more broth as needed. When meatballs are done, slowly add sauce a little at a time until all sauce is incorporated. Simmer 2 or 3 minutes longer.


3) In a medium skillet, over medium heat add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, green pepper and onion, sauté just until vegetables are tender. Add cooked pasta. Serve meatballs and sauce over vegetables and pasta and garnish with shredded mozzarella and diced tomatoes.



      

Comments

Popular Posts