My Attempt at Speed Dating!


Okay, so I decided to create a recipe for the other categories in the contest and one of the categories is “Speed Date” which is 5 ingredients or less. You may think that is easy but it is really hard because you have to make every ingredient count! I think I found a great combination which combines the sweet dates with salty nuts and just a hint of citrus. The goat cheese added a wonderful earthy taste which really balanced all of the flavors. So, here’s an easy to make, fun recipe that was delicious and will make 8 snack size portions. (Or as we found out at my house a wonderful lunch for my husband and me.)  



Easy Date Nut Crescent Snacks 

1- 8oz roll crescent dough
4oz soft goat cheese
1 cup organic Made in Nature Deglet Noor Dates, chopped
¼ cup pecans, chopped
¼ cup orange juice

Unroll crescent dough and seal seams to from single sheet. Spread goat cheese on dough. Roll up dough and cut roll into 8- 1 inch slices. Place on parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 12 to 14 minutes at 375 degrees.

Combine dates, pecans and orange juice. Spread mixture on spirals and enjoy! Makes 8 servings   

 


 

Comments

Popular Posts