Viva Las Vegas

 

So what do you do if you’re old, retired and live five hours from Vegas? Well, my husband and I have discovered this wonderful world of slot tournaments. I remember being young and wondering how people could possibly find it enjoyable to pound the button on a slot machine for 15 or 20 minutes. Obviously there was no skill or stimulation that I could see. Ah, but I wasn’t old then! With age comes understanding and I have gained a lot of it in the last decade. So we went to Vegas and we pounded with the other old people and had a great time.

 We also love the buffets and all the great food. One of our favorite places is the “M” resort. They always have great salads and main dishes but best of all they have the most decadent desserts so………while my husband heads for a glass of wine and a salad, I go straight to the dessert bar and grab a plate. My theory is that if I eat too much other stuff I might not have room for dessert, so I simply eat dessert first. My mother and I have discussed this at length and we simply don’t know why it hasn’t caught on in restaurants. Seems like such an easy choice to us. The “M” also manages to put together the most unique combinations in little 2or 3oz dessert shooter cups. I thought I would share some of their ideas (if I can remember) and since I don’t have little cups I would use phyllo shells. So here are a few ideas, some from the “M” and others just because they sounded good to me.
 

 

 
Toffee Peanut Butter Mousse Cups

15 Athens mini fillo shell
½ cup white chocolate chips
½ cup peanut butter
¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
¼ cup toffee pieces
Instructions:
Microwave white chocolate for 40 seconds or until melted. Add peanut butter and fill shells.
Mix 2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips and toffee pieces. Top shells with mixture. Melt remaining chocolate in the microwave at 15 second intervals until melted. Drizzle over toffee. Serve chilled.
 



Pepperoni Pizza Bites 

15 Athens mini fillo shells
1 cup marinara sauce
15 pepperoni pieces, chopped
½ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons chives, chopped
Instructions:
Place shells on baking sheet. Fill shells with marinara. Top with chopped pepperoni and cheese. Bake at 350 for 8 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling. Top with chives and enjoy!

  

Comments

Popular Posts