Blueberries Curry Me Home


 

Okay, so the baklava is gone and I am left with a single pint of blueberries. The way I see it, I have two choices.  

1. Just sit down and eat them
            Or
2. Find a way to use them for dinner 

Although the first option was my favorite I decided to figure a way to incorporate both options and share my bounty with my husband. After all, it is the holidays and sharing is important.  

Anyway, I had four pork chops and lots of pasta. Ah, inspiration. What I decided to do was incorporate the earthy flavor of curry and spicy mustard with sweet blueberries, balsamic vinegar and honey. Add a little tart lemon and a light creamy sauce and dinner is served. Hope you enjoy my recipe.
 
Who says, “Good for you can’t taste good too?” 

For lots of great blueberry recipes and all the wonderful healthy ways to enjoy them, go to http://www.blueberrycouncil.org/

                                    Blueberry Sweet Curry Pork Chops
Pan seared pork chop in a blueberry sweet curry cream sauce.
                           
4 pork Tenderloin chops
2 Tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cloves garlic, minced
5oz mushrooms, sliced
1 cup cream or half and half
½ cup chicken broth
2 teaspoons curry powder
½ teaspoon spicy mustard
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 Tablespoons honey
 
6oz fresh blueberries
2 Tablespoons chopped basil
2 cups cooked pasta

 

In a large skillet over medium heat brown seasoned chops in olive oil. Add garlic and mushrooms and continue to cook adding chicken broth as needed until mushrooms are tender. Remove chops from pan and reduce heat to low. Add cream, curry powder, mustard and honey. Simmer 2 or 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, fresh blueberries and chopped basil. Top chops with curry sauce and serve with pasta. Garnish with basil, if desired.
 

Comments

Popular Posts